Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Saturday, May 2, 2009

19 weeks/17 weeks fetal age

I've been slacking a little bit on updating, I'm 19 weeks 3 days today. It was very exciting, at work today I kept feeling the baby moving all around while I was walking and when I sat down I pushed down lightly on my stomach and felt a strong jab right back. This was the first time that I have felt movement externally so far, and it was really cool. I think feeling the movements and getting reactions when you prod them is the greatest part of pregnancy. It can be pretty strange, I don't remember ever feeling Aila moving while I was walking, it is such an odd sensation! I'm really starting to notice how much bigger the baby is getting that is for sure! My stomach was a little lopsided and when I pressed on one side it was soft, and on the bulging part it was hard and the baby started squirming all around, and I could really feel (oh, just felt a kick!) exactly where the baby was.

At 18 weeks baby was 5.5 in and 7 oz, and has grown to approximately 6 in and weighs 8.5 oz. Baby is actually starting to get cramped in there as (s)he is in proportion now as far as her arms and legs with the body. This week the sensory development is exploding as the brain starts designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, touch and vision. I can only imagine what it feels like for baby when I poke and prod from outside! Baby may even be hearing now, especially my voice. When I was pregnant with Aila I was always listening to music, and today she couldn't be more into music and dancing. I wonder if exposure in the womb has any effect on their interest in music... it will be so interesting to see the differences and similarities between Aila and Baby Meyer 2. We will be finding out on Tuesday just who is in there--Harvey or Elle! I am getting so anxious and excited. The last time we had an ultrasound was at about 9 weeks and the changes are going to be amazing. We'll finally see the tiny person they've grown into!
18 weeks
19 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment