Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Thursday, July 2, 2009

28 Weeks-3rd Trimester Begins!

Reaching the third trimester, I really feel like we're hitting the home stretch, although there is a fair amount of time left. Hopefully a maximum of 12 weeks, we definitely don't want to be over-due! I am so curious to see how big she actually gets because I still feel pretty small for how far along we are. Aila grew a couple pounds in the last like 2 weeks though, I'm sure, so you never know!
By this week she weighs around 2 and a quarter pounds and measures 14.8 inches long. Her blinking eyelids now sport eyelashes. She may now be able to see some of the light that filters through my belly. Her brain continues rapid neuron development and she is adding more and more body fat.
She sure is a strong little thing, and I continue to enjoy her continuous movements. Rather than moving away when you poke her like Aila did, Elle likes to push right on back. She squirms around in protest if my bladder gets too full or if I lay on my side and put pressure on her, she likes her space and I don't blame her! It's only going to continue to get more and more cramped! I was realizing today that I have yet to develop the linea negra that most women get when they are pregnant. I did get it with Aila's pregnancy, I wonder if it will still happen. Anyway, I'm feeling great, Aila and I even went for a 3 mile walk the other day. The worst part for me is the restless leg syndrome. Sometimes it is unbearable at night when I am trying to get to sleep and I toss and turn over and over. There's not much you can do for it either, except try to stretch or walk it out, but it is so hard when you're tired and just trying to get to sleep. I definitely won't miss those horrible sensations! Tuesday I have my 28 week appointment, and until 36 weeks I'll now be going bi-weekly. I have hopefully a maximum of 9 check-up appointments left, but who's counting?

No comments:

Post a Comment