Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Thursday, March 12, 2009

12 weeks/10 weeks fetal age

I just want to note that it's getting harder and harder to find good pictures to post. They are either ambiguously labeled or else I am coming up with really disturbing abortion pictures when I search for pictures of the fetus. So, I'll probably still post some pictures, but they'll be more varied- cool ultrasound pictures I find, illustrations or possibly actual pictures of a fetus at the correct age.


Anyway, let's get to it! The most dramatic development of the week is reflexes! If I poke my belly it will make the little one squirm (although I can't feel it yet!) Very soon baby will start making sucking motions and may even find their thumb very shortly. Currently the intestines are growing outside of the body because of their rapid growth rate, but they will now start to grow inside of the abdomen. The kidneys will even begin to exrete urine to the bladder. Baby is unmistakeable human now, with eyes and ears in the correct position. The length is about 2 inches this week-approximately the length of a lemon.
I'm feeling well these days, pretty "normal" for the most part. I have a pretty high level of energy, which is great because I am on my feet most of the day running back-and-forth and around Meijer. My weight is still on track, I'm still wearing my regular pants. However I have gotten out my old maternity clothes and will be starting to wear the pants soon. The problem is that when I do have to sit for a while it starts to get very uncomfortable as the pants cut into my waist. Anyway, so far so good! I had my intake appointment at the OB/GYNResidency Clinic at Spectrum Health Butterworth yesterday and my first appointment with the actual doctor will be next Tuesday (St. Patty's Day!) I'll let you know how it goes and hopefully will know when my next ultrasound will be. If it's scheduled at least a month from now we'll be able to find out if it's Baby Elle or Baby Harvey in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment